Thursday, September 11, 2008

Well, I did it...

I put my two weeks notice in at work yesterday. While the decision to homeschool was an easy one, actually carrying that letter to my Captain was a little difficult. I know I'm doing the right thing, but there's a lot that I will miss. I'll miss everybody I work with, and all of the victims I've met over the last 5 years. I'll also miss that feeling of accomplishment I feel when I am able to help a woman make her exit from an abusive relationship. There are a lot of things I'm proud of that I was able to accomplish while at TAPD. But I think there are other accomplishments to also be made while at home with my son (and 2 year old toddler!)

The excitement is growing within Trey and he can't wait to get started. We have set high goals for ourselves over the next several months, and we're eager to get started! One thing that we are eager to begin is the transition of our garage into our home school classroom. I have lots of plans and I will post pictures throughout our transition phase. If anyone has any photos of their classrooms, please feel free to share them! Send me a message, and I'll link you to my page so others can see as well! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for caring and the support during and after the abusive relationship I was in. You are an angel!

    ReplyDelete