Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crock Pot Wednesday

Photobucket


I love my Crock Pot! I especially love it during weeks such as these when everything seems to be going wrong. In an earlier post, I mentioned that we had accepted an offer on our house. Well...guess what?? The unthinkable happened, and the lady backed out because she finally sat down and figured out what her payments would be. Why on earth she didn't do that BEFORE she entered into a contract with us??

UGH! Bygones, right...So anyway, our house is back on the market. We again have realtors calling to schedule appointments...and most of their clients want to schedule it right about dinner time. So instead of eating out - which is nice at first because of the Zero Clean-Up Factor, but incredibly expensibe for a family of 5 - I have started to use my Crock Pot more often. I love it because I can fix it in the morning, and go about my daily Super Mom activities without a worry in the world!

Here's my CrockPot Recipe for the week. Be sure and check out Debbie's blog, Dining With Debbie for more awesome CrockPot Recipes!!

Slow Cooker Oatmeal (aka: Fall in a Bowl!!) - recipe originally found on AllRecipes.com. I usually substitute the water for apple cider if I have it, and I also used whole milk. We LOVE this recipe, and you can't get any easier than this!! Fix it before bed, and your breakfast is ready when you wake up! PLUS, it makes your house smell WONDERFUL!!!!

2 cups steel cut oats
2 cups diced apple
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 cups water
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons butter

DIRECTIONS:
Combine the oats, apple, cranberries, almonds, pecans, water, milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and butter in a slow cooker. Cook on Low overnight or 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment